CHRISTINA'S LOW COST TIPS TO HELP YOUR HOME STAND OUT.
So you've seen one bathroom you've seen them all, right? My question is why do bathrooms have to be white and boring? When you are looking to sell and are wanting to make your home stand out from the pack of other boring bathrooms, here are some very simple and low cost tips to give your pics some pop!
1. I have a sink addiction. I think that is an area where you can add real pop to your space and you don't have to break the bank to do it. It's also really overlooked when designing a bathroom. Overstock.com is an excellent resource for finding sinks that are interesting and also affordable. The rectangular sinks in the bathroom above I purchased for under $150 each.
2. Mirror, mirror on the wall. It is the norm to just glue an ordinary mirror to the wall. The bathroom mirror takes up a lot of bathroom real estate, so why not use something that is beautiful and adds interest. The mirror in the bathroom above I purchased on clearance at Haverty's Furniture in Melbourne, FL. It was only $100, granted it was bright gold when I bought it, but the shape of it I was drawn to. By painting it a greenish metallic it toned down the brassiness of it and now it blends nicely and becomes a wonderful functional focal.
3. Glass tile backsplash. This isn't only for kitchens. Doing a low backsplash behind your sink allows you to splurge on some exquisite tile that gives your bath a real luxurious feel. There are products that make tiling easy like the peel and stick tile setting mat. You'll still need to grout which you can use premixed but this trick makes it much easier.
4. Gold on the ceiling or maybe copper. Why not? Paint your ceiling an interesting color, again who says it has to be white? Check out the guest bathroom above. I chose a beautiful copper color. It makes a home feel well thought out when details like these are incorporated. And it gives you something interesting to look at while you're taking a bath!
5. Let's talk wall color. I obviously love drama and do not run scared of painting my walls something that really stands out. The bathroom above is a perfect example of that. What does that dark color do in the above picture? It makes the other elements in the room really stand out, like the designer sink and the backsplash tile. In essence it makes the walls go away. A little secret to the backsplash tile above is that the rope detail is actually wood trim that I painted and grouted into place. No one said it has to be tile!
Moral of this story is break out of the white box and break some rules when it comes to your bathroom design and give a home buyer something to remember and hopefully want to make their own!
Call me and I'm happy to give you a free consultation on how you can get your home ready to sell for top dollar. 321.831.9193.